On the River Einion
There, the Dyfi Furnace remains
Where the waters once raced
To a mill from the top
With all its power
Leading to this waterwheel
Taking advantage of the powers
Of this river
From Cumbria via the Afon Dyfi
Where charcoal was once produced
Long ago from the local woodlands,
Where iron ore once burned;
But burns no more.
The Dyfi Furnace is in the village of Furnace, Ceredigion, Wales, adjoining the A487 trunk road from Machynlleth to Aberystwyth, near Eglwysfach.
The furnace was built around 1755 was only used for about fifty years to smelt iron ore. By 1810 coal burning had been abandoned. Today it remains a Grade II Building.