Dinefwr Castle is Welsh
It overlooks the River Tywi,
It lies on a ridge of the northern bank,
With a steep drop of hundreds of feet down,
Where the river rises within the surrounds.
It rises to the slopes of Crug Gynan
In the Cambrian Mountains,
The face through the steep, southwesterly
Banking the rugged hills of the Forest,
Bordering between Ceredigion and Powys.
The mouth of the Tywi is its estuary
Guarded by Dinefwr Kingdom of Deheubarth.
Built by Lord Rhys ap Gruffydd, a king of Wales
Once where foundations of Roman forts were found,
And further north remains the Roman gold mines,
Lord Rhys was this ruler of the kingdom
Of South Wales from 1155 to 1197,
Owner, the title “Proprietary Prince of Deheubarth,”
Or “Prince of Wales”, and dominant power.
Until forced to submit to King Henry II
Of England when Henry invaded in 1163,
Stripped Lord of all his lands, a prisoner,
For a few weeks, then released, reinstated,
And the land and crown returned,